Enrollment is open year-round. Adults interested in the high school diploma program will need an official transcript from the last school attended.
Steps for enrolling:
- Bring transcripts to main office.
- Set appointment to meet with counselor.
- Take CASAS assessment in Reading and Math.
- Register for classes.
Transcripts must be presented prior to setting an appointment with our counselor and enrolling in our programs.
CASAS Testing is held Monday-Thursday from 1:45-5:00pm
Please make sure you have at least two hours to complete the assessment.
Credit Completion Options
Students can choose to complete credits
- On Campus
- Monday-Thursday 1:45 to 8:00 PM in room #409
- Via email with instructor
- On campus: Monday-Thursday 4:00 to 6:30 PM in room #602
- Independent Study ($100 refundable book deposit fee)
- Mondays & Wednesdays 4:30-8:00 PM
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 1:45-4:00 PM
Students and adults wishing to receive their high school diploma from Hemet Adult School must earn a total 175 credits.
Current high school students earn credits by completing all assignment(s) outlined in their credit check report, or as indicated on their concurrent contract form from a high school counselor. Students attending Hemet Adult School from one of Hemet’s comprehensive high schools must have their counselor’s and parent’s (if under 18) permission to attend. With the exception of Alessandro High students, all other concurrent high school students may not be on campus prior to 3:30 PM and will not receive the full hourly credit if they arrive past 3:40 PM.
Once they have completed all their credits, students will have to make an appointment with their school counselor and with the Adult School Registrar to perform a grad check. Upon a successful review, the student will be recommended for graduation and should receive a diploma in 4-6 weeks.