Where can I take the HiSET/GED test?
You can take the HiSET exam at Hemet Adult School but we are currently not a testing center for the GED exam.
Am I eligible to take the HiSET/ GED test?
If you are 18 years of age or older or within 60 days of turning 18 you can take the HiSET/GED exam.  Individuals under 18 years of age will not receive their GED/HiSET certificate until their 18th birthday.

If I have already passed the HiSET/GED, how can I get a copy of my High School Equivalency Diploma?
You may obtain a copy of your High School Equivalency Diploma by calling the Adult Ed office at 951-765-5190.  You will need to give the secretary your Social Security Number, full name and birthday.  There is a $25.00 fee for duplicate High School Equivalency Diplomas.  Fees may be paid using a major credit card or by person in cash.

What identification is necessary to take the HiSET/GED test?
You need a valid California state issued photo ID.  School IDs and ID's issued by the military are also acceptable provided they were issued in the state of California.
How is the test scheduled and what are the costs?
The GED exam is a two day test lasting about 4 1/2 hours each day. The cost for the test is $155.00, and the retake fee is $30.00 for each section that is not passed the first time.
How can I prepare for the GED test?
You can prepare for the GED test by registering at the Hemet Adult school, taking the free pre test, then enrolling in our FREE GED prep classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM
What type of questions are on the test?
The GED covers all high school subjects up to the 10th grade. This includes English, Writing, Math, Science and Social Studies
Are accommodations available for examinees with disabilities?
Please inform the office staff of any special assistance you may need during the testing when you register. We will make every attempt to accommodate your needs.  Additional information is available on our website by clicking on Special Accommodations for Testing
How will I know if I pass the test, and what do I do if I fail the test?
You will receive a letter from the state of California with your GED test results, you can also go on the internet to https://gedcalifornia.ets.org and check your test results about 10 business days after you test (weekends do not count).  Official transcripts and Certificates are available at the Adult School office for a minimal fee.
How can I get copies of my records for school or work?
You may obtain an official test results printout from the Hemet Adult School office.
What’s Next?
From GED to College Graduate your reason for taking the GED Tests is to go on to college or post secondary training, you aren’t alone. More than 60 percent of GED test-takers say they intend to further their education beyond the GED program. Ninety-five percent of U.S. colleges and universities recognize the GED credential. Passing the GED Tests, with an average score of 500, for instance, puts you in the upper half (top 50 percent) in terms of class rank and lets colleges know that you have the skills and knowledge equivalent to applicants from traditional high schools.
You may still be required to take additional tests, such as the ACT or the SAT, to qualify for admittance. In addition, the college or university of your choice may ask you to undergo further counseling and testing as part of the admissions process. You should contact the school’s admissions office to find out what requirements they have.

GED is a registered trademark.